AIS Lightwave Data Center (LWDC) is an 80,000 square-foot purpose-built colocation and cloud services data center located in the San Diego Spectrum area of Kearny Mesa in central San Diego. This is an excellent, convenient location for Orange County data center customers.
As our headquarters and flagship site, Lightwave is an SSAE 16-compliant, SOC 1, 2, and 3 audited facility that features an impressive 9.1 Megawatts of power, N+1 or better redundancy on all data center systems, and security protocols required by leading businesses in the most stringent verticals.
Originally designed to support a large defense contractor, Lightwave is built to rigorous standards complete with redundant power and cooling systems plus multiple generators. LWDC is able to sustain utility service outages without service interruption — a key advantage for Orange County customers.
As a carrier-neutral facility, Lightwave is a premier point of interconnection for many of the world’s leading carriers and network service providers. Clients can choose amongst the portfolio of managed AIS network connectivity services including performance-routed IP and seamless Layer 3 VPN transport to any remote AIS data center.
Colocation space offerings at Lightwave for Orange County data center customers range from large wholesale-sized private suites and custom cages down to affordable multi-sized locking cabinets.
View “video tours” of our flagship Lightwave Data Center here:
Data Center Space
- Private suites from 100 to 5,000 sq ft
- Built-to-spec private colocation cages
- Locking colocation cabinets in 13u, 17u, 26u, and 54u increments
- Shared cabinet space in 1u increments
- Roof rights with excellent line-of-site (LOS)
- On-site office space available
- 9.1 Megawatts from SDG&E
- 2N and N+1 AC UPS power plants
- A/B, 208v/120v power distribution
- Standard 12 KW per rack (or higher contingent upon client requirements)
- N+3 emergency generator configuration
- Minimum 48-hour run time fuel capacity
- Multiple fuel providers with 4 hour response or better
- Full data-grade HVAC system with N+1 redundancy
- 72?F ambient air temperature (+/-2 degrees)
- 45% humidity (+/-5%)
- 24x7x365 on-site security staff
- Camera with remote door release at facility entrance – only authorized personnel are allowed to enter
- Geometric hand scanner at man trap entrance
- Card access control at all interior data center doors
- CCTV digital surveillance cameras with 180 days storage on all main data center areas
- All client equipment is registered upon arrival and can only be removed by authorized personnel
- Shipping and receiving area is isolated from the colocation floors
- Dry-pipe, pre-action double interlock fire suppression system
- Zone specific discharge
- Shipping and receiving with loading dock
- Client staging area with secure storage
- Client work area equipped with desks, wired Internet
- Facility-wide free wireless internet access
- Ample on-site parking
- Client lounge equipped with full kitchen, food, beverages, and TV
- Conference room with projector and video conferencing
- Multiple fiber vaults with diverse entry
- Large carrier-neutral meet me room
- IPv6 data center support
- Option to access AIS performance-routed blended network: AT&T, Comcast, Cox, Level 3, Savvis, Sprint, Verizon, XO & peering via Any2 & CENIC International Internet Exchanges
- Layer 3 VPN transport to any remote AIS facility
- Multiple fiber providers on-site including: AT&T, Cogent, Cox, Level 3, TelePacific, Time Warner, TW Telecom, and XO
- Cross Connect to the LWDC meet-me room and inter-cabinet via any media type
Client Support Services
- Dedicated data center support center
- 24x7x365 on-site support staff
- Remote hands services
- Managed tape rotation
Learn more about AIS Client Services at this link.
AIS Lightwave – 9305 Lightwave Ave, San Diego, CA 92123
[gmap address=”9305 Lightwave Ave, San Diego, CA 92123″ zoom=”15″ pancontrol=”true” zoomcontrol=”true” maptypecontrol=”true” scalecontrol=”true” streetviewcontrol=”true” overviewmapcontrol=”true” scrollwheel=”true” marker=”true” maptype=”ROADMAP”]
Worried about earthquakes? Don’t be. Geologically, San Diego is far different than Los Angeles and the risk is very low. Click here to read more.
Contact AISto learn more about Colocation options for Orange County data center customers.