Performs mechanical systems operational and maintenance tasks consistent with manufacturer’s specifications, industry best practices, ASHREA guidelines, and local procedure. Knowledge and experience with chilled water systems and larger data center direct expansion floor mounted units (100 kW+) coupled with central plant operations are a must. Performs additional duties as directed by supervisor; responds as directed during operational contingencies. Normally meets minimum HVAC certification training requirements for functionality and has a minimum of six months experience working in a data center specific environment.
- Perform normal operation and maintenance of chilled water system and systems components including centrifugal chillers, chilled water pumps, condenser water pumps, VFD’s, and cooling towers.
- Perform operation and maintenance of direct expansion system computer room air conditioners and condensing units.
- Perform operation and maintenance of comfort cooling system including air handing units and boilers.
- Perform basic operation of the mechanical systems automation program for automated central plant.
- Respond to contingencies to ensure restoration of system operations in the event of a component or system malfunction.
- Trouble-shoot mechanical systems and components when faults occur to ensure continuous operations.
- Prepare and update operational and maintenance logs for mechanical systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Professional HVAC / ASHRAE certification with minimum three years of mechanical systems installation and systems operations experience.
- A minimum of six months experience working in a mission critical environment (e.g. hospital, data center, airport, government agency) with preference to data center experience.
- Must have a positive attitude and desire to work.
- Must be willing to work “other than normal working hours” as requirements dictate.
- Must have the ability to read and write the English language.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is preferred.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive employment background check.
- Must not have any limitation that would preclude working in a mechanical environment.
- Must have basic issue mechanical maintenance tools.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. No phone calls, please.
Please send resumes to: Careers@AmericanIS.net with the subject: Building Engineer / Data Center Technician