AIS Data Centers is the Southwest’s market leader for business-ready IT infrastructure for companies that value security, compliance, connectivity, and support. AIS Data Centers serves as an extension of in-house teams and operates hybrid IT environments with cloud, colocation, connectivity, managed security, and managed storage, enabling more than 500 clients to focus on their core business.
The Cloud Systems Administrator reports to the Cloud Services Manager. This is an entry-level position in the Network Operations team, responsible for cloud and network infrastructure applications, including firewall configuration and management, load-balancing, monitoring, and standards compliance.
The successful candidate will have IT experience in a corporate environment and be able to support Windows server and desktop operating systems and standard office applications. The candidate will receive extensive on-the-job training and will be expected to achieve technical vendor certifications (VMware / Cisco). They will also be responsible for training internal and external clients on AIS applications.
Description of Duties:
- Systems administration of AIS cloud and customer servers
- Administration of AIS internal network
- Provide support via phone, email and trouble-ticketing system.
- Network diagramming / documentation
- Produce systems documentation as needed to meet AIS and client requirements.
- Apply systems administration best-practices to minimize down-time and data loss for all internal and external service delivery systems
- Install and maintain client firewall and load-balancing systems
- Provide engineering assistance to clients for assigned projects
- Respond to periodic support calls and perform work outside of standard business hours
- Provide training to internal and external clients as directed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of Windows server and workstation OSes
- Basic understanding of internet technology
- Able to understand and follow procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Work well independently and with a team
Additional (preferred) Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with Linux
- Experience documenting processes and procedures
- Familiar with common network and application technologies
- Able to automate via scripting
- Troubleshooting server & network hardware and software
Primary workplace will be 9305 Lightwave Ave in Kearney Mesa. Reliable transportation is required to qualify for this position. Occasional travel may be required to local and out of state locations in support of the AIS network or to attend training.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. No phone calls, please.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Cloud Systems Administrator.