Performs low and medium voltage systems operational and maintenance tasks consistent with IEEE, manufacturer’s specifications, industry best practices, and local procedure. Prepares, installs, energizes, de-energizes, and removes low voltage power distribution as required. Performs additional duties as directed by supervisor; responds as directed during operational contingencies. Requires, at a minimum, “journeyman electrician” certification. Normally, in addition to meeting “journeyman” certification, meets fundamental NEC/IEEE electrical training requirements for functionality and has a minimum of six months experience working in a data center specific environment.
- Prepare and install 208 / 120 power distribution whips from low voltage 225 amp panels.
- Perform normal daily operation and maintenance of power distribution systems including engine-generators, UPS, ASTS-PDU components.
- Conduct daily power distribution systems readings and perform individual circuit readings using ammeter and BCM.
- Maintain inventory of electrical components stock and prepare updated prescribed load list orders for stock replenishment.
- Install low voltage rack mounted static transfer switches.
- Perform low voltage distribution panel maintenance under energized conditions.
- Assist vendor personnel in performing power distribution system maintenance including IR scanning, and other preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Respond to contingencies to ensure restoration of system operations in the event of a component or system malfunction.
- Trouble-shoot electrical systems and components when faults occur to ensure continuous operations.
- Prepare and update operational and maintenance logs for electrical systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Must be a licensed journeyman electrician with CA certification with a minimum of five years of electrical systems installation and systems operations experience.
- A minimum of six months experience working in a mission critical environment (e.g. hospital, data center, airport, government agency) with preference to data center experience.
- Must have a positive attitude and desire to work.
- Must be willing to work “other than normal working hours” as requirements dictate.
- Must have the ability to read and write the English language.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is preferred.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive employment background check.
- Must not have any limitation that would preclude working in a mechanical environment.
- Must have basic issue electrical installation and maintenance tools.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. No phone calls, please.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Electrician / Data Center Technician.