AIS Data Centers is the Southwest’s market leader for business-ready IT infrastructure for companies that value security, compliance, connectivity, and support. AIS Data Centers serves as an extension of in-house teams and operates hybrid IT environments with cloud, colocation, connectivity, managed security, and managed storage, enabling more than 500 clients to focus on their core business.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the Solutions Engineer actively drives and manages the technology evaluation and development stages of the sales process, collaborating with the Engineering, Critical Infrastructure and customer’s teams to provide best-fit solutions for our clients. In order to be successful in this role, the SE must be able to develop and articulate technical solutions and communicate the value of our services to existing and prospective clients. The SE also helps shape the products and direction of the company by communicating market needs to the rest of the organization.
The SE is a top performer who can establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle, and who has a passion for technology, for understanding the needs of the customer and for engineering technologically appropriate solutions.
Description of Duties:
- Perform technical discovery with customer prospects and quickly architect/build proposed solutions using AIS services
- Articulate and educate on technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including end-users, IT operations professionals, and senior IT management
- Present the value of AIS services using multiple formats/channels, including phone, presentation, and live/online product demonstrations
- Take a consultative role in supporting customers’ evaluation processes, including making architectural recommendations, troubleshooting configuration issues, and managing escalation to Support and Engineering
- Work with Sales representative to produce accurate quotes and service orders
- Respond to the technical aspects of RFPs and subsequent requests for information
- Collect feedback from the field, synthesize, analyze and communicate to Product Management and Engineering for product roadmap
- Support Marketing with activities such as writing use cases and participating in demo-driven webinars
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years relevant technical complex IT Sales/Solution Engineering experience
- Thorough understanding of Internet technology and IT operations
- Broad experience with common network and application technologies
- Understanding of enterprise cloud/IaaS
- Familiarity with compliance standards such as PCI, DSS, SSAE 16, and HIPAA
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Experience with enterprise IT functions and hardware including networking, servers, SAN/NAS, DR/BC and security solutions
- Knowledge of power and cooling technology in data center environments
- Network integration experience is preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
Primary workplace will be 9305 Lightwave Avenue in San Diego. Reliable transportation is required to qualify for this position. Occasional travel may be required to local and out of state locations in support of Sales or to attend training.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. No phone calls, please.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Solutions Engineer.