AIS Data Centers is the Southwest’s market leader for business-ready IT infrastructure for companies that value security, compliance, connectivity, and support. AIS Data Centers serves as an extension of in-house teams and operates hybrid IT environments with cloud, colocation, connectivity, managed security, and managed storage, enabling more than 500 clients to focus on their core business.
AIS is investing heavily in cloud-based services to address the needs of our enterprise clients. The Storage Applications Engineer focuses on and is responsible for design, implementation, operation and scaling of AIS storage infrastructure, ensuring mission-critical systems are running and available at all times. As a key member of the Engineering team, the Storage Engineer collaborates with Network and Applications Engineers, Product managers, Sales Engineers and customers to provide enterprise-grade solutions to meet market demand.
The Storage Applications Engineer reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
Description of Duties:
- Provide advanced storage device configuration and management.
- Optimize AIS Data Centers cloud and managed storage infrastructure for functionality, availability, security and automation.
- Perform storage deployments, configurations, updates, and improvements.
- Implement security functionality, support security audits, generate detailed audit reports, and provide technology recommendations.
- Provide operational support for virtualized infrastructure and cloud resources.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems as required 24×7 and serve as one of the highest levels of escalation for server, storage, and security issues.
- Develop relationships with professional organizations, user groups, and industry trade groups to stay current with latest technology.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years Systems Administration Experience.
- Proven track record with large Enterprise-level compute and storage environments.
- In-depth technical and operational knowledge of storage systems (preferably NetApp).
- Detailed knowledge of storage protocols such as iSCSI and NFS.
- Demonstrated experience in server systems administration and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting server hardware and software.
- Must have experience writing scripts to automate common administrative and deployment tasks.
- Knowledge of and experience with one or more hypervisors (ESXi preferred).
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability the track and prioritize several tasks.
- Must be able to produce and update technical documentation related to storage infrastructure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Must be willing to be part of AIS Data Centers’ engineering “on-call” rotation for network and managed services.
Primary workplace will be 9305 Lightwave Ave in Kearney Mesa. Reliable transportation is required to qualify for this position. Occasional travel may be required to local and out of state locations in support of Sales or to attend training.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. No phone calls, please.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com with the subject: Storage Applications Engineer – NetApp.