The Accounts Receivable Specialist will be responsible for applying customer payments, pursuing collections on past due accounts receivable, and performing other accounts receivable related tasks.
Other responsibilities include: Cash application/payment posting, researching and reconciling accounts, billing/invoicing, issuing credits, monitoring aging reports and collection of past due accounts.
As an Accounts Receivable Specialist, you must have excellent communication, time management, decision making, attention to detail, and analytical skills. Ideal candidates will also have 2 years of business-to-business collections, strong accounts receivable, and invoicing experience, as well as proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and NAV.
- Identifies correct customers and invoices by interpreting various remittance advices, and apply wires, ACH’s, and checks to open invoices.
- Identifies past due customers within policy guidelines, identify past due invoices, and subsequent collection of past due invoices by making external and/or internal contacts and follow up.
- Documents and communicates short payments and unapplied cash through established procedures.
- Analyzes customer payments, researches unapplied cash, duplicate billings, and adjustments to correctly apply and clear open invoices.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, customer service departments, and from customers.
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Utilizes computerized accounting software programs (CMS, Excel, Word, NAV) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Communicates with customers via phone, email, and mail.
- Prepares daily bank deposit.
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred
- 3-5 years business/office experience requested
- Collections experience a plus
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. No phone calls, please.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Accounts Receivable.